PRESTON PERSONAL SUPPORT UNIT CELEBRATES FIRST BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH
August 2016 No: 1
The Personal Support Unit offers independent, free and confidential support on family and civil issues such as contact with children, divorce, eviction and money claims.
The organisation is a charity, based at Preston Combined Court and run by volunteers. It offers face to face appointments in Preston where volunteers can:-
- Listen, provide information and support.
- Help people to find out if they are eligible for free legal advice.
- Discuss settling issues without going to Court.
- Explain how the Court works.
- Help with filling in Court forms and organising Court papers.
- Help people plan what they want to say in Court.
- Provide details of other specialist agencies.
Click here for a link to their leaflet which gives full contact details and opening hours.
PSU cannot give legal advice, but offer a valuable support service, particularly for those who are not eligible for public funding (previously known as legal aid) or who cannot afford to instruct a solicitor to help them.
Congratulations to PSU who celebrate their first birthday in August this year.